City of Long Beach Development Services Department
Art Direction / Design / UI Design
Like so many other large municipalities, the City of Long Beach and its Development Services Department has been challenged to do more, with less, for an increasing number of residents. With over 10 years of experience preserving affordable housing units and advocating on behalf of seniors, vets, the disabled, and at-risk families, the City has made significant accomplishments worth celebrating — but at the same time, there’s so much work to be done.
We The Creative created a report that communicated all of the City’s achievements and showed that the City was a responsible steward of public funding yet there is still a great need for their services.
HERE'S WHAT WE DID:
• Used striking individual portraits and photography to humanize the subjects
• Created bright and airy layouts to convey a feeling of optimism and speed readers through the report
• Designed bold infographics to succinctly convey financial information and statistics
When putting the pieces together, we kept in mind the needs of the 3 different types of information consumers:
1. Runners only look at pictures.
2. Joggers look at pictures, bold headlines, infographics, and/or factoids.
3. Walkers read from cover from cover.
Most people are not walkers. We designed the report to make it easy for the content to be consumed and adopt a run, jog, walk approach for the layout and content.
HERE'S WHAT OUR CLIENT SAID:
“Setting a truly heightened standard for public information pieces and collaterals citywide. Our team is extremely proud to share with constituents and the community.”